Finally, Dazar’alor raid made for WoW Patch 8.1. is introduced to us, and this is something special. No chance to pass by as the success of Battle for Dazar’alor is completely inevitable. We’ve got another chance to measure with power for two factions: this raid Alliance attack while Horde defeats it. That’s how to get to Dazar’alor. This fact makes the raid unique with exclusive mechanics and thus so much expected. Let’s check what it’s there waiting for us!
The strategy of the raid: Alliance and Horde roles
The strategy of the raid depends on the fraction you play for. Alliance starts forcing from the docks in the port of Dazar’alor, the capital city of Horde, located on the new continent, and moves toward the pyramids. They are led by Jaina and meet 9 bosses. Horde will make their enemies fight with their leader – King Rastakhan, and also will have 9 encounters. However, Horde does not only tries to protect the city but in their turn to attack lady Jaina. The scenario is evident since Jaina has always been as a bone in the throat – something they wish to get rid of once and forever.
Not all 9 bosses are different for both parts. 3 bosses are unique, 3 bosses have shared which means have the same mechanics though different names and 3 bosses have specific features of a faction.
Bosses for Alliance
If you play for Alliance get ready to fight with these bosses.
Champion of the Light.
Grong the Revenant.
Conclave of the Chosen.
Grimfang and Firecaller.
Bosses for Horde
If you play for Horde get your armor to fight with these bosses.
Champion of Light.
Flamefist and the Illuminated.
High Tinker Mekkatorque.
In Battle for Dazar‘alor raid you will meet 3 bosses of the same mechanics here which are Flamefist and the Illuminated (the same as Grimfang and Firecaller, Grong the Revenant and King Grong are identical as well. Frida Ironbellows and Ra’wani Kanae fights are known as Champion of Light.
Raid Rewards: mounts and pets descriptions
Except sweet feeling of victory over the enemy, there are some rewards and treasured loot hidden in the raid. WoW Battle for Dazar’alor will give access to the new mounts.
- G.M.O.D. belongs to goblins family. You will get it dropped after an encounter with High Tinker Mekkatorque.
- Dazar’alor Windreaver is a Dungeon and Raid beast that comes with achievement Glory of the Dazar’alor Raider.
- Glacial Tidestorm drops after the battle with Jaina. This beast knows the magic of ice and water.
Get a chance tame several more battle pets after the combat with Conclave of the chosen.
- Spawn of Krag’wa drops from Paku’s Aspect.
- Thunder Lizard Runt has a plate on its back that extrudes with electricity.
- Child of Pa’ku.
Newest updates in Battle for Dazar‘alor
- Fogbreaker, Light of the Sea: Lessens the effects of Howling Winds while battling Lady Jaina Proudmoore.
- Lord Admiral’s Signet and Daelin Proudmoore’s Saber, drops from Jaina, are now part of a two-piece set, Keepsakes of the Resolute Commandant. Your auto attacks are tinged with the rime of the high seas, dealing 220 Frost damage to your target and reducing their movement speed by 10% for 4 sec.
- Twin-Pipe Buster Cannon: Your attacks have a chance to fire a Buster Shot dealing 3552 Nature damage.
- High Tinker’s Cape: Increases your Kul Tiran or Zandalari Engineering by 5.
- Mech-Jockey Grips: You move 20% faster while piloting a mount created by an Engineer. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.
- Seal of the Zandalari Empire and Loa Exultant’s Shroud form the set Gift of the Loa, Your primary stat is increased by 150 while you are in Zuldazar.
- Crest of Pa’ku: Besides the usual trinket effect, this item will also port you to a Totem of Paku.
- Boots of the Gilded Path: Looting gold increases your movement speed by 30% for 6 sec.
How to defeat the boss strategy: both alliance and horde
Dazar’alor raid bosses are exciting and really cool. It will not be an easy mission and you will definitely need the whole power and abilities of each member of your team to get success in an encounter with these enemies. The new armor and weapon will be revealed now – Dazar’alor transmog. They are pretty numerous, so definitely a lot to choose from for everyone.
To plan the strategy for the fight with every boss you should learn his mechanics step by step, his abilities, analyze his weak and strong sides and bear in mind your advantages.
- Champion of the Light is the boss with the same scenario of the combat but with different names – Frida Ironbellows and Ra’wani Kanae. This boss uses the power of seals and empowers her allies once the level of her energy is 100. She tries to narrow the area of the battle as much as possible with help of her main spells – Consecration and Wave of Light.
- King Grong and Grong the Revenent use Tantrum (30 Nature Damage) and Death Knell (30 Shadow Damage) when his Rage gains 100 or influenced with Discharge Apetagonizer Core. So, do your best to decrease his Rage while your Healers use a cooldown when boss rage is about 75.
- Jadefire Masters, Ma’ra and Spirit of Xuen, use the power of 3 elements – Earth, Water and Fire. Tanks play the main role in the encounter with this boss while healers and damage dealers are under the threat of being burnt or fallen down so they will not avoid death.
- Opulence has so much loot that he does his best to protect the jewels. This combat consists of two stages. Be aware of the magic that the boss and his assistants use. It’s better to divide the whole team into 2 groups. Use special Diamond of the Unshakeable Protector spell to win.
The most powerful bosses
- Conclave of the chosen – the encounter with the loa and his aspects. The trick is that once you kill the aspect another one gets back his healthfully. The battle will be finished once you kill all those aspects.
- King Rastakhan as expected is a pretty difficult boss to defeat. There are 4 stages of the combat while you fight not with the King only but all his bodyguards and also Loa. The King starts to fight himself when his energy is 60 and Loa can give him Death power. Meanwhile, Loa moves to the realm and once he reaches 50% he transfers all the players to the realm to continue the fight.
- High Tinker Mekkatorque is a goblin who uses the latest armor that smart gnomes have invented. So, Master Gnomish Force Shield to disable the enemy and World Enlarger to swoop it away. Get ready for 3 stages to fight with the boss.
- Stormwall Blockade uses the power of tidepriests who know water elements as the main ingredient of making blockade of the fleet. The main spells of the boss are Tempting Song and Voltaic Flash. Ask your damage dealers to Storm’s Wail that give 10 Nature damage in order to counter Freezing Tidepools.
- Lady Jaina who does not need any introduction. She will meet the enemy in the three-stages combat using Corsairs and marines with their set of armor to win.